Activated charcoal is something that seems insignificant in our lives. In fact, it is a versatile item that can benefit us in various aspects. One material that can be made as an activated charcoal is coconut shell (husk). What is coconut shell activated charcoal and what are the benefits? This article will answer your questions related to this thing.
Definitions and Benefits of Coconut Shell Activated Charcoal
Imagine a cultivated coconut—this is a tropical fruit that is mainly cultivated in the Philippines, India, and Indonesia. Coconuts is known to be a beneficial fruit with a thousand of benefits, one of them is coconut shell activated charcoal.
What is exactly an activated charcoal? It is basically the same as regular charcoal, yet in activated charcoal, you can get more pores in it. Hence, this kind of charcoal is more adsorbent and more effective to be used as filtering material—although the use is far more than just ‘filtering’.
To make a coconut shell into such charcoal, it has to go through a specific process involving heating. This will require you to heat the charcoal up to more than 1,000 degrees Celsius, without any addition of oxygen. This simply means you cannot burn it as it will add more oxygen molecules into the coconut shell itself.
Therefore, to make the coconut shell activated charcoal you have to gather the coconut shell first. Typically, for this charcoal, you will need to prepare a small husk of coconut. Then, heat it up to more than 1,000 degrees Celsius as mentioned. Usually, people use a certain machine to make this charcoal.
As earlier mentioned, there are lots of benefits you can get with this charcoal. Generally, activated charcoal is used to cure acute poisoning and for dealing with various gastrointestinal problems. For more detail, you can see this information as follows:
- Activated charcoal can be used to cure gastrointestinal/digestive problems, typically ones that involve poisoning.
- The charcoal is also used to help people in colon cleansing therapies.
- It can also be made into a detoxifying product.
- For people with high cholesterol level, it is said that coconut shell activated charcoal helps them to reduce the cholesterol level.
- Bloating can too be cured with this type of charcoal.
- Interestingly, the charcoal can be used to rejuvenate people. This is because the charcoal will assist the liver, adrenal glands, and kidneys to remove toxins. Toxins are known as a precursor to an excessive cell aging.
- Activated charcoal can also be used as a topical product—meaning that it doesn’t need someone to swallow it to make it functional. Hence, you can expect it to be present in skincare products as it is effective to remove impurities, bacteria, and pollutants in your face.
To summarize, coconut shell activated charcoal is a beneficial product especially for our health. This tiny item can do so much to improve your health, especially when you are having a problem in your gut. In addition, activated charcoal can also be used as an ingredient of various skincare products